5 Axis CNC Machinist – Day and Swing Shift- WA
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: The duties of the CNC Machinist include but are not limited to:
• Requires the ability to follow written instructions and read blueprint specifications or equivalent (understanding of dimensional tolerances and measurements).
• Complete machine setups (build tools, pick up tool and work piece offsets, dial in fixturing etc.), and operates numerically controlled machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications requiring a high degree of skill.
• Able to read and understand G & M code, and able to make adjustments that will produce work to drawing dimensions and tolerances.
• Understanding of cutter feeds, speeds, surface speed, chip load, and ability to make adjustments that decrease chatter and vibration and prolong cutter life and give feedback to programming team.
• Works from programming instructions, operational data and machine setup instructions defining and coding tool arrangements, material clamping methods, machine calibrations and console settings, for operations such as bore, mill, drill, face, thread and occasional profiling and contouring.
• Checks / inspect own parts to a drawing or blueprint for conformance to specifications.
• Operators may run more than one unit simultaneously.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Ability to stand, sit, squat, kneel and reaching constantly with occasional climbing.
• Must be able to safely lift, carry, push or pull up to 30 pounds regularly, 50 pounds occasionally (with assistance, if required).
• Vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• 8+ year related training or work experience.
• Knowledge of machining techniques and methods.
• Familiarity with HAAS 3, 4 and 5 Axis computers numerically controlled (CNC) machine tool operating procedures.
• Fanuc controller experience.
• Experience working with hard metals such as Inconel 625, Titanium, stainless and heat-treated steels.
• Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing training / experience.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Read, write, understand and speak English Fluently
THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION REFLECTS THE GENERAL DETAILS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB IDENTIFIED. IT SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED SUMMARY OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB, AND MAY BE REVISED FROM TIME TO TIME.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.