CNC Machine Shop Supervisor – WA
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: Duties of the CNC Machine Shop Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Supervises production machining operations, typically involving making parts for proprietary products.
- Responsible for managing department productivity, workload scheduling and work quality.
- Coordinates production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers, including assisting in production as needed.
- Recommends equipment upgrades, maintenance schedules, and equipment, service or material vendors.
- Assists with staffing levels, performance reviews, compensation recommendations and overtime budgets.
- Schedules and conducts weekly shift meetings.
- Maintains project documentation, including schematics, blueprints, CAD files, work plans, contracts, manuals, inspection records, and department paperwork.
- Drives continuous improvement in process flow and production activities.
- Ensures a clean and safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 5+ years of job related training and experience, including training and experience in machining, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Aerospace documentation and dimensioning and be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, parts lists, and specifications.
- Familiarity with HAAS 3, 4 & 5 Axis, computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tool operating procedures.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite and production software.
- Team-player who can handle working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify problems and offer resolution.
- Willingness to teach others.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to stand, sit, squat, kneel and reaching constantly with occasional climbing
- Able to safely lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Read, write, understand and speak English fluently
- Specialized Training in Supervision or 2+ years experience in a supervisory position.
THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION REFLECTS THE GENERAL DETAILS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB IDENTIFIED. IT SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED SUMMARY OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB, AND MAY BE REVISED FROM TIME TO TIME.