CNC Machine Shop – WA and AZ
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: The duties of the CNC Machinist include but are not limited to:
• Requires the ability to follow written instructions and read blueprint specifications, or equivalent.
• Operates and adjusts semi-automatic or automatic numerically controlled machine tools to perform standard and repetitive sequence of operations where programs are provided and setups are often made and maintained by others.
• Requires knowledge of operations including drilling, boring and milling, turning, etc., employing recognized tooling and procedures and where tolerances are close, but not difficult to maintain.
• Operators may run more than one unit simultaneously.
• Must be able to check parts for conformance to specifications.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Ability to stand, sit, squat, kneel and reaching constantly with occasional climbing.
• Must be able to safely lift, carry, push or pull up to 30 pounds regularly, 50 pounds occasionally (with assistance, if required).
• Vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• 2+ year related training or work experience.
• Some knowledge of machining techniques and methods.
• Familiarity with HAAS 3, 4 and 5 Axis computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tool operating procedures is a plus.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Read, write, understand and speak English Fluently
THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION REFLECTS THE GENERAL DETAILS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB IDENTIFIED. IT SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED SUMMARY OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB, AND MAY BE REVISED FROM TIME TO TIME.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.