Production Control / Expediter- WA Weekend Shift
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: Duties of the Expediter include but are not limited to:
Essential Duties of the Job:
- Works with Supervisor to make sure each job’s materials are on schedule and in the proper location.
- Primary responsibility is to expedite any projects on the production floor where necessary.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Aerospace manufacturing production planning field.
- Maximize efficiency at each work center and responsible to ensure production scheduling is processed timely and as required allowing meeting customers’ current and future delivery requirements.
- Maintain accurate work orders and ensure that all projects on the production floor are accompanied by work orders. Work orders must reflect the work centers required for each job.
- Work with Quality Control, Production Leads and Supervisors in regard to rework and rejected product in order to quickly act on any potentially late projects.
- Review customer requirements and produce forecasts based on historical data.
- Communicate to Program Management Supervisor any material issues or delays that may arise through the course of production and ensure appropriate level of urgency is recognized.
- Monitor MRP runs and expedite resolution of customer fulfillment.
- Support production through the manufacturing process as required.
- Utilize previously prepared programs for Manufacturing Orders. (MO’s)
- Ability to read manufacturing work order instructions and carry out directions as necessary.
- Work in an efficient and timely manner, multitasking where necessary.
- Identify areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
- 1+ year’s related experience.
- Experience in high-pace manufacturing environment and the ability to rapidly learn new systems and procedures.
- Excellent team communication, human relations and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent attendance and great attitude
- Physical requirements of the position include the ability to push, pull, lift, stack and carry materials weighing up to 35 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally and with assistance if needed.
- This position requires standing, sitting, bending, kneeling, squatting, walking and reaching and grasping constantly.
- Vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- English fluency
- High School Diploma or GED
THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION REFLECTS THE GENERAL DETAILS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB IDENTIFIED. IT SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED SUMMARY OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB, AND MAY BE REVISED FROM TIME TO TIME.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.