NDT Level II- WA Weekend Shift
Essential Duties of the Job:
- Set up and perform required process control checks on nondestructive testing equipment
- Conduct testing to ensure quality and detection of discontinuities (defects) per customer and internal specification or standards using NDT methods of inspection
- Establish techniques for proper examination of components, ensuring strict adherence to procedural guidelines, acceptance requirements and safety regulations
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
- Interpret discontinuities/defects using customer acceptance criteria, internal procedural techniques and various inspection tools
- Organize and report test results
- Perform specialized inspections
- May instruct and supervise others
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management
- Work from blueprints, digital models, diagrams or other customer specifications
- Ability to work overtime if needed or required
- Ability to stand, sit, squat, kneel and reaching constantly with occasional climbing.
- Must be able to safely lift, carry, push or pull up to 30 pounds regularly, 50 pounds occasionally (with assistance, if required).
- Vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required documentation of proof of training
- Classroom training hours for Level I or Level II meeting NAS410 requirements
- Good knowledge and understanding of material and manufacturing processes in relation to NDT technology
- Good knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including, but not limited to, thread guages, micrometers, digital thickness gauges, measuring tapes and rulers
- Basic English language reading/writing, Basic use of math and PC skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to use Syteline/ESI or other ERP systems upon instruction
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to professionally document and communicate work instructions and inspection data Attention to detail and good manual dexterity
- Ability to read, follow detailed instructions and interpret complex manufacturing drawings and quality specifications/requirements
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others and to train other candidates for NDT certification
- Able to maintain a high level of productivity with focus on efficiency, maximum use of time and materials in a fast-paced quality driven environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Read, write, understand and speak English Fluently
- 1-3 years with recent aircraft quality / NDT related experience.
THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION REFLECTS THE GENERAL DETAILS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB IDENTIFIED. IT SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED SUMMARY OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB, AND MAY BE REVISED FROM TIME TO TIME.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.