Production Supervisor – AZ
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: Duties of the Production Supervisor include but are not limited to:
• Supervises production machining operations, Assembly, Sheetmetal and Deburr. Typically involving making parts for proprietary products.
• Responsible for managing department productivity, workload scheduling and work quality.
• Coordinates production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers, including assisting in production as needed.
• Recommends equipment upgrades, maintenance schedules, and equipment, service or material vendors.
• Assists with staffing levels, performance reviews, compensation recommendations and overtime budgets.
• Schedules and conducts weekly shift meetings.
• Maintains project documentation, including schematics, blueprints, CAD files, work plans, contracts, manuals, inspection records, and department paperwork.
• Drives continuous improvement in process flow and production activities.
• Ensures a clean and safe working environment.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• 5+ years of job related training and experience, including training and experience in machining, or equivalent.
• Knowledge of Aerospace documentation and dimensioning and be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, parts lists, and specifications.
• Familiarity with HAAS 3, 4 & 5 Axis, computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tool operating procedures.
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite and production software.
• Team-player who can handle working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to identify problems and offer resolution.
• Willingness to teach others.
• Organized and detail oriented
• Ability to stand, sit, squat, kneel and reaching constantly with occasional climbing
• Able to safely lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds regularly.
• Vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Read, write, understand and speak English fluently
• Specialized Training in Supervision or 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory position.
THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION REFLECTS THE GENERAL DETAILS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB IDENTIFIED. IT SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED SUMMARY OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB, AND MAY BE REVISED FROM TIME TO TIME.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.