Sheet Metal Mechanic – Brake Press – WA Swing Shift
Imaginetics is a leading manufacturing company with capabilities that include precision Sheet Metal Fabrication, CNC Machining and Assembly. We are currently seeking a full-time employee for our Sheet metal department to join our team for the weekend shift; Friday- Sunday.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: The duties of the Sheet metal employee include but are not limited to:
• Sets up and operates one or more sheet cutting, forming, straightening, fabricating or finishing machines on work of moderate difficulty, performing operations on a variety of parts, following general instructions.
• May do simple layout work.
• Able to operate all types of sheet metal machines to cut, bend, or form parts and uses sheet metal hand tools.
• Form soft metals.
• May use carts or pallet jacks to move raw materials or finished parts.
• Work involves frequent handling of moderate to heavy components and may include walking or standing most of the time.
• Requires the ability to follow instructions and process that are put in place.
• Be able to thoroughly read and interpret PCM’s and dimensioned drawings.
• Must be able to lift and maneuver 50 lbs using proper safety techniques.
• Have a good attitude and the motivation to be with a company long term.
• Able to work independently.
• Works with readily available supervision and technical guidance.
• Follow all Company Safety rules.
• 1+ years of related experience in an aerospace sheet metal environment.
• Familiar with CNC Router, Amada turret punch, CNC brake press, mechanical and hydraulic punch press, general hand fabrication equipment.
• Able to interpret Aerospace blueprints a plus.
• Team-player who can handle working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Quality oriented with a hands-on, “do it right the first” time personality.
Physical Daily Demands: Constant (not restricted); Frequent (3-6 hours); Occasional (1-3 hours); Seldom (0-1 hour).
• Lift/Carry/Push/Pull – Constant (Lift & Carry a maximum 50 lbs; Push & Pull a maximum of 10 lbs)
• Standing/Walking – Constant
• Twisting/Bending/Stooping – Frequent
• Reaching (left and right) – Frequent
• Wrist/Flexion/Extension (hammering) – Constant
• Grasping (forceful) both hands – Frequent
• Operate Foot Controls – Constant
• Vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Read, write, understand and speak English fluently.
THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION REFLECTS THE GENERAL DETAILS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB IDENTIFIED. IT SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED SUMMARY OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB, AND MAY BE REVISED FROM TIME TO TIME.