Shipping and Receiving Supervisor – WA
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: The duties of the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Supervise production of the Shipping Department
- Responsible for managing department productivity, workload scheduling and work quality.
- In control of shipment of goods from the establishment.
- Attend daily Supervisor production meetings
- Prepare records of goods shipped and prepare bills of lading.
- Post weight and shipping charges.
- Keep files of shipping records.
- Receive incoming shipments of merchandise or other materials.
- Verify correctness of shipments against bills of lading, invoices, etc.
- Keep records of goods received.
- Kit items for assembly department.
- Participate in inventory cycle counts.
- Report damaged goods and shortages.
- Route goods to the proper departments.
- Record items shipped and received using bar code readers, computer terminals or other electronic devices.
- May include material handling.
- Loads and/or unloads the vehicle as needed or required.
- Manage employees time cards for accuracy of attendance and punctuality
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Team player who can handle working under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency.
- Quality oriented individual with a hands-on, “do it right the first time” attitude.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- 3+ years of job-related training and experience in Shipping and Receiving
- Aerospace manufacturing experience a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
- Read, write, understand and speak English fluently
- Ability to push, pull, lift, stack and carry materials weighing up to 35 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. This position requires frequent standing, sitting, bending, kneeling, squatting, walking, climbing, reaching and grasping.
- Vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
THE ABOVE JOB DESCRIPTION REFLECTS THE GENERAL DETAILS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB IDENTIFIED. IT SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A DETAILED SUMMARY OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB, AND MAY BE REVISED FROM TIME TO TIME.